Wednesday 27 February 2013

Mini Body Shop Haul Review

Hey Guys & Dolls 

So a few weeks ago i nipped in to my local Body Shop for some "essentials". I say essentials - i didn't actually need anything, but i struggle to walk past without going in, it just smells toooo good!

These are the products from my "mini haul"

Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion: 
I bought this on a bit of a whim to be honest as i keep reading about how fabby tea tree oil is, but i'm so glad i did! As i've mentioned before, my skin is really temperamental; i think its a combination of stress, air-conditioning and falling in to bed with make-up on after a night out (i know, SLAP MY WRISTS!) so therefore i pay the price of naughty-behaving-skin. Boo.
I use this every night after my normal routine before i go to bed. It isn't at all greasy and absorbs SO quickly, it's like it wasn't even there in the first place. Speedy Gonzala's style! It must be working, as i've noticed my skin is a lot clearer than usual, more so on my forehead and chin, where i tend to get the naughty little spots. 
I'm about half way through this little bottle, but i can imagine that when it ruins out i will be re-purchasing it. Why mess with something when its obviously working? I think the saying is "Don't rock the boat"? 
This retails at £3 per 15mls, with i think its a little bargin! Especially as it lasts so long. So i would thoroughly recommend this for anybody with naughty-skin like mine!

Camomile Gentle Eye Make Up Remover
I'm going to be honest - i'm a bit sat on the fence with this product. Hmmm. It certainly is gentle, TOO gentle as i find it doesn't actually remove my mascara. Which kind of defeats the object!
Of course it is gentle as in, it doesn't sting my eyes or leave them looking like i've been crying all week. But it also doesn't actually shift any eye makeup, which is quite disappointing. I spoke to the girl in store and said how much trouble i have removing my Benefit "They're Real" mascara and she reassured me that this product would get it off no problems. I've tried soaking it on my lashes for a few minutes in the hope that it will sliiiide my mascara off, yet it takes off the smallest trace. 
So overall, i'm not very impressed with this, and won't be running back to buy more when this has all gone. I'll be sticking with my Mac remover. Of course, this is only my opinion and you may find it works wonders! This retails at £8 for 250mls.

Last but not least...
Vitamin C Skin Reviver
This product is simply a delight!! I was casually browsing the shelves, as you do in Body Shop and before i knew it, this little number was in my basket. Oops. It was the lovely bright bottle that first attracted me, and then the words VITAMIN C jumped out, and that was it, i was sold there and then.
It has the most beautiful scent - just like oranges, it reminds me of Summer. I don't normally like smelly things on my face, however this was just so fresh that i had to swatch it. And once i did then i knew i'd be purchasing it. The cream instantly soaks in to your skin and you can feel the magic working. It leaves your skin feeling like velvet, and gives you such a smooth finish. It also has light reflecting particles so can be used alone or with make-up. I've been using it as a primer and have found it holds my make-up in place all day. If my skin was clearer, then i would have no issues wearing it with no make up. I can thoroughly recommend this. And its also full to the prim of Vitamin C so its a goody all around! This retails for £14 - probably the best £14 i've spent lately!

As if the Body Shop wasn't tempting enough, its currently holding a 
"Buy 2 and Get 2 Free" for Mothers Day... another excuse to spend money in there, which is so easily done!! Just enter the code SPRING when your checking out, Easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment