Wednesday 13 March 2013

L'Oreal Caresse Lipstick

Hello All :) 

Happy Mid Week... Its a Wednesday which only means one thing; its only 2 days until the weekend!!! For anybody that works in a "normal" job - that's music to your ears i'm sure. However, i am yet again on a weekend of night shifts, which doesn't fill me with joy. 

As i mentioned in my HG Mascara post, i made full use of the Boots 2-4-1 product offer. I just find it too hard to say no to these things!  I (obviously) purchased the Falsh Lash Telescopic Mascara, Super Liner Perfect Slim and a Caresse Lipstick.

To be honest, i didn't really need a lipstick but hey, you can't look a gift horse in the mouth! 

I picked the shade "202 - Impulsive Fuchsia". I had decided the other day that i own faaaar too mant pick shades, yet i instantly fell in love with this one. Oops. 

The Packaging is simple -- 
(Sorry for the bad quality - its dark and snowy outside!)
L'Oreal say "Soft Light Weight Feeling Colour" --- Check
"Fresh Colour" --- Check
"Meltingly Soft" --- Check
"Pop of Colour" --- Check
"featherlight Feel" --- Check.

So overall, i do agree with how they market it. Although i wasn't impressed with the longevity of colour. I wore it on a night out with my work colleagues, and i noticed on my second cocktail, that the colour had transferred on to my straw. Soon after we had some photos, and i noticed it had worn off completly. Therefore, i am a bit annoyed about that, as the colour is so beautiful yet it just doesnt last! I had to re-apply a fair few times. 
As you can see on my swatch, the colour is quite translucent, though it does have a glossy look. It isn't extremely pigmented which i would of expected after seeing the product itself. I was really hoping the colour pay off would be the exact same shade as it is in the tube but never mind, it's still very pretty!

Would i recommend this? Possibly. It is ideal for just day-to-day wear, although i wouldn't suggest it was ideal for a night out. It does what it says on the tin - it's a very pretty colour, it feels extremely light and glides on beautifully.

I do believe this is still on the 2-4-1 offer in Boots, and this range comes in 12 colours for you to pick from :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment